Monday, March 23, 2009

The Day The Devil Stopped By


The day was hot and the night was much to cold

My flesh cried out son the devil is after your soul

So I began to shake and shiver with fear

And pack my things quietly, so the devil couldn’t hear

Moving through my house just like I’m a robber

Trying to find something that I could crawl under

I’m not a momma’s boy, but I wish I could call her

The striking of the lighting and the roaring of the thunder

Under the cover I go, so I could relax

The fact of the matter is this is not an act

Of kindness, all my sins run through my mind as

If I was reminded, that I thought the lord was blinded

To what everyone else could see, so I pause and pondered

As I prayed for forgiveness

Then I stopped hiding, and I stood up proudly and wondered

Why else was the devil picking on me?

Was it fear he wanted to see?

I clinched my fist and stuck out my chest

If it’s a fight the devil wants, it’s a fight he’ll get

The devil arrived at a quarter to nine saying…I’m ready to take your soul with me this time

The devil shouted, are you ready to die and come with me?

Don’t be scared to face this reality

I looked the devil straight in the eye, and showed him my cross

That was linked tightly to my choker chain

The devil knew the fight was over now, before it even began

I thanked the Lord for saving me, and giving me his helping hand

And I didn’t even ask what happened or why

All I know is, the devil said I was just passing by


Wade "NightWriter" Townsend II

1 comment:

  1. My fav. so far, I love your work. Better everytime I read!!!

    ReplyDelete