Sunday, February 22, 2009

She asked me

My ex-girl asked me what I have been doing all this time. And where have I been?
I replied writing, working wishing and wondering
She said what does that mean, you wishing on a star?
I said naw I’m writing, writing my life, what I see hear and feel
I’m working, working, on myself and the betterment of me as a man
And I’m wishing, wishing wellness upon every female I have ever hurt in anyway
I give you my blessings and apologies in every way
Do you accept?... Wait, wait! Keep that to yourself
That’s a feeling that’s not ready to be felt
No matter what the reply is, I just want you to know
I truly am sorry for not being what “That guy is”
You know the guy you are seeking or may already have
I probably blew it by creeping, but that was my past
And I sit back and laugh now, when I see my brother acting like I used to
So I stopped and passed down; my knowledge to him, that bruised you
I refuse to; watch him follow in my foot steps
And lose who? I don’t know; but she could be his one
I can’t choose you! I had my chance and I’m not the one
Then she told me I forgot one, I said what
She said wondering.
I told her I was wondering, wondering why I’m on the phone with her
And not the one I’m with, I gotta go thanks a bunch
Thanks for helping me realize that change has come and for the advice.
I know you’re my ex and my friend but, this relationship I can’t sacrifice.
Now I'm on to my next friend, my new best friend and my one I can't sacrifice.

Blog me
Wade "NightWriter" Townsend II

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem, it makes me want to embrace the one I'm with.
    Love
    Your Karma:)

    ReplyDelete